Thursday, January 8, 2015
Today is the feast day of Our Lady of Prompt Succor, and the 200th anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans. And that is what I planned on posting about today. That is, until current events and the words of the first reading at Mass collided: Beloved, we love God because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whomever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. This is the commandment we have from him: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. (1 John 4:19-21)
Thursday, January 1, 2015
No resolutions, just goals.
1. Develop a deeper prayer life by attending weekday Mass at least 2 times a week, spending 5 minutes a day in total silence just listening for God's voice, weekly Holy Hour, and praying morning and evening prayer from the Liturgy of the hours.
2. Finish My Family Sampler, get it framed, and on display!
3. Spend 15 minutes a day de cluttering the house.
4. Improve my eating habits. Eliminate white flour, sugar, and white rice from my diet.
5. Take a brief walk each day while praying the Rosary.
6. Begin a prayer journal.
Lofty goals, but totally attainable!